Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wayne Gretzky and his ridiculous stats & records remain timeless & untouchable even as 99 turns 50

My mini-tribute to 99 at The Hockey Writers.

Excerpt:


Okay – I admit it. For the vast majority of my life I would argue until I’m blue in the face why Bobby Orr and Magnificent Mario Lemieux are superior to Wayne Gretzky. I grew up a Calgary Flames fan and it came easy to despise his greatness.
It might have come after his retirement, before reality really hit me like Drew Doughty lowering the boom on Taylor Hall. While one can still raise the argument that if Lemieux and Orr had not had their careers shortened and limited by backs, knees, Hodgkin’s lymphoma and other ailments, they could have challenged him for the best of all time. However, there is and always will be only one true Great One.
 Read on at THW...

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Hockey News

The Hockey News

Elite Prospects - Rumours

The Goalie Guild

Elite Prospects - Confirmed Transfers

Elliotte Friedman - CBC/HNIC

  © Distributed by Blogger Templates. Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP